Data & Insights Manager (Diageo North-European hub)
A multi-award-winning media and communications agency, PHD is built on a culture of thought leadership, creativity and innovation. As a business partner on a strategic level, we always strive to deliver innovative solutions that help our clients achieve further growth. We achieve this by creating a unique and enthusiastic environment in which people are driven by innovation. We are proud to work for Diageo, Rabobank, Beiersdorf, Domino's Pizza and Pladis, among others.
Role within the organization
The Data & Insights Manager reports to the Business Lead Diageo and is part of the Diageo Northern Europe Cluster team. The D&I Manager will also work very close to Annalect, which is a division of OmnicomMediaGroup (OMG) and enables OMG to achieve high-quality data-driven marketing results for clients by delivering best-in-class solutions in data, technology and analytics. Within Annalect, all marketing science capabilities, methodology and infrastructure are managed and expanded and we are continuously developing, incubating and propagating new innovations.
Purpose of the role
The Data & Insights manager is responsible for creating data driven marketing insights, audience driven customer journeys are being implemented into the overall strategy for all brands. The Data & Insights manager is the expert in Omni(Studio) tooling, PHD's proprietary operating system and our star in interpreting the reporting from all tooling into useful insights and optimisations on both strategic and on a tactical level. Last but not least, the Data & Inisghts Manager connects all data points, from data of Diageo, to the consumer planning team and Marketing Catalyst data.
Managing Data & Insights
- Being the central point of contact for the PHD team and clients when it comes to results, analysis, data visualization and research and being the most important sparring partner for analytics and business intelligence specialists on the client side.
- Establishing connections between strategic and business goals of clients, campaign objectives, media related KPIs and the technical infrastructure needed to make everything measurable. This applies to both online and offline.
- Working with account managers, strategists and analysts to ensure that all available data is used to the maximum to generate and apply sharp insights.
- Supporting the media specialists to get the most out of their campaigns and fine-tune media KPIs to contribute to the client's strategic objectives.
- Showing on an ongoing basis at client level what the relationship is between the various media drivers and the business performance of the client.
- Supporting reporting, web analytics and business Intelligence on behalf of the client at macro level
- Collaborate with the Strategy Lead, the Digital Lead and Connection Director and ensure continuous analysis and delivery of reports on a regular basis.
Co Managing Client Relation
- (Co) responsible for developing and monitoring the media strategic direction of the brands you work for
- Has optimal knowledge of the clients, the markets in which they operate and the (business / communication / media) challenges of the client and applies this
- Substantive sparring partner for your clients in the field of data & insights
- Continuously delivering excellent service to the client, aiming for an ideal balance between client & agency goals
- Taking an active role in key account meetings, such as presentation of important (annual) plans and evaluations
Knowledge transfer & development
- Following developments in the market and ensuring that the correct tools are used.
- Collaborate with fellow specialists such as programmatic and ensure the sharing of results and techniques.
- Acting as a part of the Annalect Marketing Science team, sharing information and collaborating with other analysts.
- Encouraging the use and application of insights both internally and with clients.
- A completed university education, preferably in Marketing, Communication or (Business) Economics
- The will to get the maximum result from data and technology, both in terms of content by bringing forward the sharpest insights, and from performance to the highest level through optimization within PHD
- Driven and curious to develop and share knowledge and skills
- At least 3 years of experience in an Analytics, BI or Marketing Science role
- Experience with analytics packages such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics, ad servers such as DoubleClick Campaign Manager and with data visualization tools such as Tableau
- You have gained this experience in a similar position at consultancy agencies, customer or publisher side